THE TEST I FAILED



Dear God, I prayed one morning
May I be patient and calm this day 
But the devil was there waiting for me 
I went to school with a pleasant face 
And found my children with full pace 


To my surprise, the classroom was locked 
So I said,"Children wait until I get back."
But their impatience was gushing 
By the time I was back
Oh no! They had broken it
I was furious but then I realized 
They are just CHILDREN




Another day, I prayed Dear God 
May I be clear and heard today 
But the devil was there waiting for me.
Children and I were warming up 
In the sun to study social studies 



And from nowhere came a monkey 
So I said,"Children wait and be calm"
But words went unheard with fear
By the time something could be done
They screamt and made him nervous 
Oh no! There he went with the purse 
With pains we redeemed it 
But still they are just CHILDREN.





-Adeline Barbara Dvaz





Post a Comment

3 Comments

If anything to share, let me know