MY GRANDMOTHER

    

MY GRANDMOTHER


But still you and I

Were in best company.
 
Having fun in our amity.

You were nonchalant, 

And that made the best of you.

 Deafening every scorn,

 With fervor in your destination.

I still don't feel you've gone

You are there in a faraway land

I remember the walks we've had 

The days you've picked me up from school

The days I bunked my caticism

Just to sit along with you

At the cemetery of papa 

Just watch you recollect memories 

 I loved your toothless smile 

That triggles me to smile to myself 

Reminiscing the past events 

You carelessly draped your sari

Bringing inquisitiveness in me 

Fashion was of no concern to you 

Those nostalgic days I miss 

My heart whimpers this moment

Your endless prayers 

Morning journeys during all odds 

Has left me speechless 

I wonder what kept you on the go 

I knew of all the shortcomings 

But was bound with age and innocence 

Its mere folly right now 

To hope that it could have been corrected

You were there when I learnt to walk

And there you were when I grew 

But the days I wanted you the most 

Circs had changed , You were far away 

Left with banter talks over the phone 

Connected by heart but broken apart 

With million secrets to share 

Now I'm full of strength to return favors 

But you are no longer here  

You left me with broken dreams and a shattered heart 

Though I buy the whole world 

Nothing compares to your love Nana



 

- Adeline Barbara Dvaz 

Post a Comment

4 Comments

If anything to share, let me know